Sunday, February 27, 2011

Thoughts

Since the craziness of life only seems to increase rather than minimize I have had a bunch of broken thoughts that would not take up a blog post in themselves... so here they come.

I am a mother of three sons!  Eeeeek!  The reality of this hit me this week as I was making doctor appointments for Zeke and Ki and the receptionist commented on how much she liked the names Ezekiel and Malachi and said, "I wished I would have thought of using Old Testament names for my three sons."  Before I thought about it I said well "all three of my sons are OT names."  Actually mentioning all three of my sons names to a perfect stranger in a conversation was so powerful to me.  I have three little blessings... Ezekiel Micheal, Malachi Alan and Zechariah William!

That leads to my next thought...

Housework, never before in all my life of cleaning have I been okay with dividing the household chores into more than a days work.  Before having my three sons I would devote one day to cleaning and I would start in the kitchen and work out from there and while cleaning I would have laundry going the entire time.  Now... granted Zach has only been home for a week and things might change once I get a hang of my new life, but now I have divided the chores up.  One day I cleaned the kitchen and floors, the next I did the vacuuming and yesterday I cleaned two of the three bathrooms.  Every day this week I have done at least one load of laundry, granted not large loads but loads non the less!

That leads to my next thought...

Although the housework is a lot and at times seems to be a little overwhelming, the need for more space is becoming more and more evident.  At the present time Zeke and Ki have taken all the cushions off the couch and are leaping from the couch arm into the pile of cushions.  These boys need more space.  Yesterday Zeke and Ki took their bikes into the backyard and rode around for over an hour... add a third to the mix and the backyard is not going to be big enough to hold them.  I am sitting in Michael's office right now thinking about, oh how nice it would be to have a full basement and one more bedroom.  When Zach is big enough to leave our room... where will he go?  Guess it is time to start praying for a bigger house with some land for my three sons!

Totally unrelated to everything else...

I am frustrated with preconceived ideas of some people... I was reading a blog yesterday for cloth diapers and then it lead into a long mantra about if you cloth diaper then this is who you are.  The list was very far fetched in my opinion and I felt like it was almost saying, "Since you are crazy enough to do cloth diapering then all the rest of these thoughts are your thoughts."  What about the idea that as a cloth diapering mom you are trying to cut back on your families budget and trying to be a little more eco-conscience, not that you are a rare bred that homeschools your kids, wears all cotton clothes, is a vegetarian, wears natural oils rather than lotions and you don't immunize your children.  Granted, I am not knocking any of these listed items but I hate the thoughts that is you "subscribe" to one of the listed then you are put into a box with all the others!

I am proud to say that as of today I have four pounds to loose to be pre-Zach weight and sixteen more to loose to be pre-kids completely.  It feels like a long road but I know that I will eventually get there.  I have decided that in the next week or so I need to go through my closet and take out all the maternity clothes so that I do not give myself the excuse to pig out knowing that I have fat clothes in the closet.  Ugh, after almost four years of being pregnant or nursing that time  has an end in sight.

Well for those of you that hung in there to the very end of my random ramblings here is a token for your eyes!