Friday, March 11, 2011

"You're Right"

Being a mom of boys is a challenge in itself.  Being a mom of three Kulow boys is a calling from God up above, and only the mentally insane can handle this calling. 
With that said this morning I was in my closet getting dressed and I heard some noise on the opposite wall, which is the wall leading to the downstairs.  I walk out of my room to see Zeke helmet adorned and he is laying in his cylindrical laundry basket.  I ask him what he is doing and he simply says to me, "Don't worry about it mom, I have my helmet on."  I go on to explain that even with a helmet I don't want him rolling down the stairs in the laundry basket. 
Silly me thinking that the issue was resolved I walk back into my room only to hear a big crash.  I bolt out of my room to see Zeke crawling out of the laundry basket at the bottom of the stairs.  The first thing out of his mouth is, "Mom you were right.  That kind of hurt."  No stinking DUH!  Trying hard not to laugh I checked to make sure he was fine and then proceeded to tell him that was not a smart idea.  Zeke looks at me and says, "Yeah, I won't do that again."  I guess that is the difference between boys and girls - boys have to try it for themselves!  UGH!