Monday, March 12, 2012

Thank You Pinterest

I know that I have mentioned before my love for Pinterest but I thought I would share some of the love with you...
Soooo - Thank you pinterest for the following recipes.  
No Bake Granola Bars Just made these tonight.  To the oat mixture I added 2tbs of flax seed and 2tbs of coconut.  We had them as a late night snack and they were yummy. 
Baked Apple Chips Just made these tonight and they were yummy.  I will admit that I ran out of cinnamon and used allspice and it was okay but the first few that I made with the cinnamon were much better.  I made them with two granny smith apples and I had to double the cinnamon/brown sugar mixture (maybe I should have been a little more sparingly flipping the apple slices!)
Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Okay these are THE BEST cookies ever.  I made these a few weeks ago.  I was super bummed and worried because the website was down that had the recipe and I was going through withdraws. 
Oreo Rice Krispies Okay so I haven't made these yet.. but I bought all the ingredients and I am planning on making them Wednesday.  Does it get any better?  Really?
Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies  I made these a few weeks ago in my attempts to use up the Costco oatmeal and these were worth it!  Yummy!
Sweet and Salty Chickpeas  Here was another attempt to use up Costco purchased amounts of stuff.  These were pretty good.  The boys liked them but honestly if they are not eaten fresh from the oven they really are not all that good.  So make them up and plan on sitting down and eating them all.
Frozen Banana Bites I made these for a MOPS morning and they were all gone quick.  They are yummy.  I made sure that they were totally covered but I think if/when I make them again I will not worry about covering the whole banana and just dip in the bottom portion and them freeze with the top of the sliced banana bare for better finger grabbing and eating.
Sweet and Salty Pumpkin Seeds I think I already wrote about these back in October but I honestly can't wait for pumpkin season to come around again just for these! 
I have plenty more recipes to try but these are some that I have made and will keep stashed in my little pin board for later!