Friday, April 8, 2011

End of an era

I know that there are some that are going to read this and chuckle as this era passed long ago for them... however it is new in our house!  Just this week Zeke has decided that he is too big for mommy to pick out his clothes.  Usually what happens is that he comes down in the morning and watches PBS for one hour and then I send him up to get dressed.  I spend the one hour in the morning getting the upstairs picked up, the beds made and clothes set out... well the last few days the clothes that I lay out are usually found stuffed under his bed and he has something else on.  This morning he beat me to setting out clothes and got himself dressed and I came into his room as he was doing this and he said to me, "Mom I am almost four and I can pick out my clothes all by myself."  So I guess I got told!  I guess I should be thankful that I got to pick out his clothes for the first three years and fifty one weeks, because next Friday he will be four years old.