Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Too much Information

Well being that I had the pulse ox machine at my disposal last night I decided to leave Zach plugged into the machine while on oxygen at night... Let me just say - I wish I hadn't but glad I did.  I was thinking that it would be nice to have him hooked up to prove to myself that he is getting enough oxygen all night long and that he is doing just fine - that was not what was proved.  About five or six times last night Zach set off his pulse ox machine informing me that he was not getting enough O2 because his levels dropped below 85% (at which the machine was set to go off at).  I am now thinking that we might be further off from being tube and tank free than I first thought!  He does fine when he is awake but once he falls deep asleep we come into trouble.  So although it was frustrating to see his drops it was good knowing that maybe there is something we can do about it - I plan on having a conversation with Zach's doctor today!

On a totally other note... what is up with the weather here?  Monday the boys and I went out for a park day and today we are bundled up, I am wearing my new flowy sweater (of which are my new favorite) and sipping teecino while the boys are snuggled on the couch watching Back to the Future.  Berry muffins are baking in the oven and are just about ready to come out.  I am planning on making soup for dinner.  At least it is not snowing but sakes... mother nature make up your mind!