Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sakes Alive

Where does the time go?  It seems like most of my posts lately have been catch up posts because the time slips away and before I know it we are a week or two from my last post.  Last night Michael was "razzing" me because I have not posted anything in the recent days to allow him to know what is going on in our family.  I always think it kind of funny that Michael reads the blog as this IS his life, but I guess with his work schedule and all my humorous posts are a little sneak peak into what the boys and I do on a daily basis.  So for those of you that depend on my blog for family updates, I am sorry!  I will try to take some time right now to give you the latest and greatest...
Yesterday was Ezekiel's fourth birthday... honestly where has the time gone!  My baby is four years old!  Michael and I were talking about just how much fun Zeke is at this age, I know that each year gets better and I am loving it now!  Zeke has got personality galore!  This week we were watching Cat and the Hat and he was talking about what bears eat... being the kind of mom that I am I said, "They like to eat cute little boys."  Without missing a beat Zeke said, "No, bears like to eat mommies and daddies."  Another example of Zeke's quick wit... my mom came to visit for a few days and the first day she was here she said that she needed to shower because she stunk so that morning she took a shower.  That night I was getting dinner cleared and told the boys to head upstairs to get showered.  Zeke goes over to my mom sniffs her face and says, "You stink Gigi you need to come take a shower with us."  Four years old and is already working the system!  I guess being this quick wit and smart means that Michael and I are in trouble in the years to come... until then - I am totally enjoying my little Ezekiel Michael Kulow!
On Wednesday I took Zach in for his oxygen saturation check and he is doing really well... so much so that on Tuesday the respiratory therapist will come to our house to check him while he sleeps and eats and if his levels are 90% or more than we can discontinue oxygen.  There is part of me that just can't wait for it, although there is another part of me that is worried that he may be doing really well for the test and then crash after the test is done and I am afraid that I might be in for some long nights or staying up worrying about his levels while he is sleeping.  Other Zach news... as of Wednesday when I took him in he weighed ten pounds and fifteen ounces!  He is a chunky little guy... my mom says that he has jowls of which he does!
I had previously mentioned something about going house hunting... well last weekend we found a house that I thought would fit our family perfectly... four bedroom two bath, three car garage on two and a half acres.  The house is in need of some updating as it was built in 1956 and the house is mostly circa 1956 to date.  I loved the house the minute we walked in, it is a place that as would be able to grow in and could make our own with land!  Michael was a little more on the reserved side of it.  Last night after a lot of talking and praying we have decided that we will postpone the house search until next year when our debt is paid off and we will have been able to put money aside for a down payment.  As much as it kills me to think of that I figure it is most likely the best option.  Hoping and praying that this time next year we find the perfect house for our family as we will need to get established as Zeke will be starting kindergarten next fall. 
Onto the subject of "me time"... I told you about my needing some me time and I have put it aside a little the last two weeks as I have been waiting for my mom to come out and bring me a sewing machine.  Well mom came out but wasn't able to fit in the sewing machine so yesterday my grandma Betty and I searched the internet together and I found one... I am now just waiting for it to come in the mail.  Currently sitting on my desk to be sewn are thirty burp rags, two quilts and fifteen hot/cold packs -  all cut out and just waiting for the machine to arrive.  I think this week I am going to head to JoAnn's to get thread and bobbins and try to wait patiently for the machine to arrive.
Remember me asking your opinion on what purse I should purchase?  Well I choose the green polka dot with pink lining and it came on Thursday.  I am slightly bummed I was picturing it to be a lot bigger than it is.  So I am thinking that I might just have to figure out how to sew one on my own... I will see how that works out.  With two in cloth diapers and really not wanting to carry a diaper bag I need to have a purse that is big enough to carry a small child!  LOL!
Spring is definitely in air here!  Colorado weather is the strangest in the world though I am sure of it.  We had a few days of eighty degrees weather and then Thursday morning we woke up to snow.  Today however I am sitting in my house with the windows open and I am barefoot and wearing shorts and a short sleeve shirt.  I can't decide which season is my favorite however, I have a love affair with fall and all the colors that are present and the cooler days that lend to my love for sipping hot tea... however it is a close tie with Spring.  The sounds the fill the air of wind chimes caught in the breeze, the birds singing their love songs and all the bulbs peeking up from the brown that has covered the yards.  Sitting at my desk I can see the buds on all the trees that will soon provide shade for the hot summer days and then provide a wonderful covering of reds and oranges on my lawn in the Fall.  I think after so many years of living in San Diego where seasons are not present or as drastic my love affair with them all have become so that I admire them in such a deep way.
Well time to jet... the little people are getting restless!