Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Frustrations

UGH!  
Not even ten minutes after my last post little Zechariah crashed - not bad but enough where I did not feel comfortable having him off oxygen.  I am not sure if the crash was due to the time length that he was off or the fact that he fell into a deep sleep - either way we are still corded and will be for a while.  Tomorrow Zechariah will be three months old and I had high hopes that we would ditch the tubes and tank but it looks like that will not be the case.  I was reminded by my cousin that this time will pass and before I know it I will be looking at this through the rear view mirror... we were there but no longer are... Until then I will hope it comes soon.
Another great frustration of mine is milk production!  While Zechariah was in the hospital I was producing forty-fifty ounces in a twenty four hour period.  Once he came home I was not in the right mind set and I stopped pumping for a week and a half... once I got back to it my production went down to fifteen ounces in a twenty four hour period.  In the last week my production has gone down to four ounces in a twenty four hour period.  I am so frustrated!  I am drinking water like crazy, taking all my vitamins for postpartum, for milk production as well as a prescription for milk production and nothing is helping... oh yeah and I am pumping every two to three hours for ten minutes each time.  I am doing just about everything in my power and I am not having any success.  I hate not being able to provide milk for Zach.  I knew that actually breast feeding was out of the loop but to know come to the realization that milk for him by pumping is getting further and further out of reach I am getting really bummed! 
UGH!