Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Zucchini Bread

While my sister in law was here in Colorado her and her family headed out to see her in laws and came back to my house with some great garden vegetables.  In the mix were two very large zucchinis.  I took a picture of them but the picture does not really do a justice.  Last night I made zucchini muffins with one of them.  I made two dozen muffins and a small loaf of bread from one.  I still have the larger one that I have to do something with.  Thought I would share my recipe for two purposes... one so you can use it and two so I can remember what I did and remember that it worked well!  Hope that you enjoy!

3 cups of AP flour
1 TSP of Salt
1 TSP of baking soda
1 TSP of baking powder
1 TSP of ground cinnomon
1 TSP of ground nutmeg
1 TSP of all spice
3 eggs
1/2 cup of vegetable oil
1/2 cup of apple sauce
1 cup of white sugar
1 cup of brown sugar
3 TSP of vanilla extract
4 cups of grated zucchini
  1. Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch pans (or in my case 24 muffins and one small loaf pan). Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
  2. Sift flour, salt, baking powder, soda, and cinnamon together in a bowl.
  3. Beat eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar together in a large bowl. Add sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat well. Stir in zucchini and nuts until well combined. Pour batter into prepared pans.
  4. Bake for 40 to 60 minutes, or until tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes. Remove bread from pan, and completely cool.