Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Pockets

I love the fact that my boys always have pockets.  Yesterday Zeke, Riah and I had to run into a store and I was wearing a dress... no worries, I gave my keys and phone to Zeke to hold.  Being that my boys have pockets I am going to try something new with Zeke.  Yesterday along with my keys and phone Zeke was carrying around a matchbox Ferrari.  I realized that he kept taking it out of his pocket to show everyone and was so excited to have something in his pocket.  It was a light bulb moment for me to say the least.  I have decided that I am going to have Zeke start carrying items in his pocket for the letters that we are working on in speech.  "F" is a really hard sound for him and so being that he had a Ferrari in his pocket he was not only saying the car name but that it "is the fastest car in the whole world".  So we got two words that began with the "f" sound.  Today while we were at speech I had mentioned doing this and Zeke's speech therapist said it was a great idea.  Sooo, that being said his two sounds that he really struggles with are the "f" and "s" sound.  Now I am on the search for pocket sized items that Zeke can carry around in his pockets that begin with those sounds.  I don't want live items or food items that will get smooshed and moldy, but I am sure there are a lot of things that I can find along those lines.  If you have any of those items laying around and are willing to part with them, I am here!  I figure a new item each day of the week and switch off between "f" and "s" sound words.