Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hungry Baby

I wish I would have known sooner... I was "starving" Ki. I know it is hard to believe when you see his 17 pound mass! That is all I can figure now after Michael was able to get some cereal in him he is now sleeping. Ki has been on a sleep strike for the last month, he would take little ten or fifteen minute naps and then would wake up every hour or two in the middle of the night. That was really hard, being that Ki was a great sleeper from the day he was born. Ki slept through the night the first day he was born and loved his naps! I have been trying to get Ki to eat cereal but he would not take it from me. I was expressing my frustration to Michael and he decided to make me look like a fool. I think that the reason why Ki would take food from Michael and not from me is because Ki knows I can give him mommy milk, why would he take food. Michael has been very dedicated to getting solids into Ki and therefore today I was actually able to give some solids to Ki. Yeah! Last night was the first night that Ki slept six solid hours, woke up to eat and then fell back asleep for three more hours. Today Ki is already on his third nap of the day, the first was a little over an hour, the second was half an hour and he has currently been asleep for forty minutes! This is such a blessing - I have been stressing about it, thinking that something was seriously wrong with my little one - well there was, I was starving him!