Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Simple Things

Sometimes it is those very simple little things that make a day go from okay to great (yes I realize the opposite is true as well, the little things can take a day from okay to horrible - I am not talking about that right now!).  Today was one of those days... I took a shower last night so I woke up this morning feeling refreshed.  I got to snuggle with both Zeke and Ki in the early morning hours (not the best thing to be woken at 4am but it allowed me to snuggle and pray over my boys, some of the sweetest time).  I made fruit smoothies out of the fruit that I purchased last week, so last week we had wonderful fruit salads for breakfast and this morning we had smoothies with the fruit that was not quite okay for salads anymore, if you know what I am saying.  I took Zeke to school, his second to the last day of school.  Ki fell asleep in the car right away... my attempts of getting him on a one nap schedule are failing miserably, but I figure that if he still needs the two naps then I will just let him have them.  As I was driving to do some grocery shopping I had a change of plans and decided to go and get my Mother's Day pedicure.  Ki slept in my lap almost the entire time while I got my feet scrubbed and painted... Ah, how I love pedicures.  I think that my feet might even be a half a size smaller with all the scrubbing she did, my feet were in dire need of some TLC and the lady did just that!  After my pedicure I went and got some groceries and saved a total of $12 between coupons and markdowns... love it when that happens.  After Ki and I went home and I unloaded the groceries and he played.  We went and picked up Zeke from school, as I was picking him up he was so excited to tell me about Jonah and the whale.  This is a huge step for Zeke, usually when I pick him up I ask how his day was and he says good... and that is about it.  Today he told me the whole Jonah story, granted a non-trained ear would not have understood him but I did and my heart was warmed.  The boys and I came home and I made them lunches and they ate everything, I think both of them are going through a growth spurt!  Now Zeke is in the backyard playing, Ki is... well supposed to be napping and I have a loaf of zucchini bread in the oven and my house smells wonderful.
Sometimes it is the small things that make an okay day great... and today so far has been one of those days!