Friday, July 30, 2010

Swat Team

After a three hour cleaning session in my house I have decided that I need a to hire a swat team.  No not because I have hazardous mess in my house, but I need a few more people.  I need a handy man that is available for my various petty items.  I need a nanny/housekeeper - either or, most likely more a nanny.  I actually enjoy cleaning my house, I feel a sense of accomplishment when I am done - however with the two monkeys that I have it makes the whole process a heck of a lot harder.  I will admit that during this three house cleaning I did at one point employee the baby gate that is still up and "locked" the boys in the lower living room.  I was trying to sweep and mop my kitchen floors.  Without the two in lockdown it is nearly impossible.  Ki likes to snack on the items that I have swept into a pile, I think he thinks that I am just collecting all his snacks for his enjoyment.  Zeke on the other hand loves to "dodge" the mop - and not very successfully either.  He runs over the clean floors and inevitability leaves little footprints on the clean, wet floors.  At one point I was yelling at the top of my lungs, "Just leave me alone, let me get my chores done."  I had to chuckle later at my sheer madness - Michael often has to remind me that the two monkeys are my biggest chores.  Yes, I know that, however when I am sticking to my floors as I walk warrants the need for some serious cleaning.  So with all that said, a swat team might be needed - I am not picky, I would take a swat team every two months.  Don't worry that doesn't mean that I will only clean my house every two months, it just means that I can take advantage and get some of the "bigger" jobs done.