Thursday, July 1, 2010

Summer

I don't know why I thought that I would be good at blogging during the summer but somewhere in my mind I thought, "Oh, no sweat - I will be on just as much as I was before school got out."  NOT!  I guess the biggest reason is the boys and I are out and about and by the time we get back home I am so stinking tired and have to being the evening rituals, which include making dinner, getting the boys bathed and then cleaning up from the days activity. 
Our days mostly involve early morning wake up calls, compliments of Ki... gurrrr!  A few hours of breakfast and house cleaning since we have them before anything opens.  The last two weeks we have been heading to the pool around 9:30 every morning for Zeke's swim lessons and then some days we just pack a picnic lunch and play at the pool until nap time, around 1:30 or we head out for an activity.  Last week was so stinking hot and of course that was the week that I planned a few outside days - Ouch is all I have to say!  I was worn out between the dry heat and the dang temperatures by Saturday I was worn out.  And of course I pick the weekend to be tired and worn out that Michael is gone, so Saturday the boys and I hung out in jammies, left all the blinds closed and snuggled on the couch with the air conditioning blowing.
Last week I posted about our little trip to Waterton Canyon and then on Friday the boys and I headed to the Denver Zoo.  Our first time going, I have to say that I have had this snobbish pretense and have not wanted to venture over there thinking "nothing can compare to the San Diego Zoo or Wild Animal Park".  Snobbish I know!  However I broke down and we headed over after morning swim lessons.  We got to the zoo around 11:30 and hung out there until 3pm.  Granted while we were there we probably saw just about everything you could see, but it was AWESOME!  It is a great place to go.  The animals are up close so that the boys could see all of them.  The park itself had a bunch of grassy places to sit and have a picnic, which we did and it was not too expensive - it cost $21 for the boys and I to go.  Needless to say as I was leaving I was feeling ashamed for being such a San Diego snob!  I am even thinking that we might get a year membership for a whole whopping $90 for our entire family.
Well today is the first of July... sakes time sure has flown by!  Like I said Zeke has been taking swim lessons and he is doing awesome.  He can float on his back and now has forward motion in his swimming.  He is having a blast.  This weekend Michael's step sister flies in for a little visit, we will be getting together at Grandma and Grandpa Kulow's on Saturday.  And before we know it we will be leaving for the Dion family reunion in Utah on the 8th.  I am excited for a little vacation for Michael's sake as well as a chance to see my family.
Zeke's speech update... I contacted CHP+ and they said that there is nothing that they have to offer so I called the school district and Zeke has an appointment scheduled for the 22nd of July for a hearing, vision and speech evaluation.  I am kind of bummed that we have to do them all again since we have just finished doing them through insurance but, oh well!  We will know more the end of July hopefully.  The one huge bummer is that for Zeke to receive the services he will need to be attending a public preschool, that of which both Michael and I are very bummed about.  I suppose that it is all in God's hands and we as parents will need to know that there is a plan and a purpose for everything!
Here are a few of the latest summer pictures.  Hope that you too are enjoying your summers.
I gave Zeke the job of map boy at the Zoo and oh boy did he take the job very seriously!
Like I said the animals were all really close... for some of them it felt a little too close
No matter how many times I tried to get a picture of both of the boys looking at me I failed... so here is one of Zeke looking at the camera and Ki licking the fish tank!