Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Quick Thought Stop

One of my friends said at her bridal shower, "You are not a real wife unless you have a Kitchen Aid."  Well I am now an official wife - Michael bought me a new Kitchen Aid for our four year anniversary.  I guess it took me four years to show Michael that I am a real wife.  LOL
I think I had mentioned before that our dishwasher had died... well yesterday our landlord had called about something else and while I had her on the phone I had said something about this "death" in the house and she said that she would take care of it.  An hour later I got a call from the appliance company saying that they will be over this morning to replace my old dishwasher.  I cannot even begin to express how happy I am about that!
Fall has officially littered all over my yard.  It looks like a fall party outside - there is red, green, yellow, gold and orange confetti all over the place.  Not to mention the yard toys, chairs and tables have been strewn about as well... we have had some crazy windy days and everything is everywhere. 
Operation paci be gone has been a huge success.  I was a little worried about it but it has not been as rough as I was anticipating - thank heavens!  Ki is still waking up at night but not anymore than he was with his paci.  Nap times are down to just one nap time in the afternoon and that is fine with me, one big nap versus two small naps is A-OKAY!
Since our move into this house two years and a few months ago we have been little by little doing things to make this house our home... paint, pictures, and the yard.  Yesterday was the first time that I had ever had a group of people over that are not close friends but just acquaintances and after they left I felt like I had been pat on my back!  Almost everyone of them commented on what a nice home we have and just how homey it is.  I really needed that as a woman and a wife - it is hard sometimes when I look around at what every one else has and wish for that.  It was really nice to have "outsiders" comment on the comfy feel of my home.  I guess all the work is paid off.  I am sure that Michael will be pleased with that as well... maybe he might be "off" on some of the house projects that I have been listing out for the past few months.  Hehehehe!