Thursday, October 13, 2011

Here... but not really

Today is just one of those days... I am here physically but mentally and emotionally I am in another place.  I will preface this post with the fact that sleep is not something that I have been getting a lot of.  Riah, bless that child, does not see sleep as a precious commodity that I do - in fact he thinks that a twenty minute nap is all he needs for the day and then maybe two or three at night.  So this post is more about my lack of sleep I think than anything else. 
Today is just one of those days however where I am going through the motions of my day but my head is in a valley of life.  I am not sure what has brought me there specifically but it has been a chore to mentally wake myself up.  Last night after everyone was in bed I spent some time reading my Bible... something, honestly that does not happen as much as it should.  I was feeling the urge last night to just spend some time in quiet reflection with God.  This morning I woke up in hopes that my quiet time would have "righted" my mental state but to my surprise it did not.  I feel more absent than I have in a long time. 
In my life I have a few "reset" buttons I use for myself and today I pushed them all... a hot shower, a nap, and some reflecting writing time.  Here is to hoping that the rest of my day is better.