Sunday, October 9, 2011

Smells

I am a smell person.  Smells hit me and stick with me.  I love candles, Yankee Candle is one of my favorite stores.  That being said, I have some smells that are forever etched in my mind that go with times in my life.  Today was one of those days that I had a smell that brought me back to a time in my life.  I took a shower today and when I got out I was actually able to put on lotion... something that does not happen very often due to the fact that I am usually showering in a hurry and then needing to throw clothes on and run.  Today I grabbed a lotion that brought me back to my freshman year of high school - Bath and Body Works Juniper Breeze.  I had purchased Juniper Breeze after a friend of mine, Sarah Gordon, shared it with me and I loved the clean smell of it.  I pretty much wore Juniper Breeze lotion my entire freshman year. 
Some smells that will forever bring me back to some times in my life...
Bath and Body Works Country Apple remind me of my very first trip I took to Romania summer before my freshman year of high school.
Sally Hansen Rose Tip reminds me of the old lady that I sat with every morning of my freshman year of high school at the donut shop.
Bath and Body Works Ylang Yalng reminds me of my sophmore/junior year of high school, my "hippy" time of my life.
Bath and Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena reminds me of my senior year of high school, it was a smell that reminded me of the beach and it was a smell that my boyfriend at the time loved.
Needless to say there are a ton of smells that will forever remind me of stages in my life.  How about you?  Are there trigger smells for you?