Friday, November 13, 2009

Absolutely blessed

I think I am just about the luckiest lady! I have a great husband of which I have been married to for three years, yesterday! We have two great kids. We live in a great town. We have an awesome church. What more can I ask for?
It has taken me a while to really appreciate everything that I have. I have always loved my husband but there have been times where I want to throw him in the trash. In our three years of marriage we have come to learn how to work well together. I have learned what he needs and expects from me and him for me - it has not been easy, but I suppose things that are really good take time!
Yes, of course I have always loved my babies! From the minute we found out there was a baby in my womb there is this unearthly love that overwhelmed me. But trust me there are times I too want to put them out with the week's trash! Zeke knows just how to push buttons but he does so with this cute little grin that makes me want to laugh and cry all at the same time. Ki has been going through a rough patch of screaming - the Lord gave me patience but by four o'clock in the afternoon the meter has hit empty and I want to curl up on the floor and scream and cry too! How can it be that two little boys can rummage up so many emotions in one person? I am not sure but I know I would not trade it for anything!
I know I was not too keen on the move to Colorado. It meant picking up from my parents and everything that I really loved in San Diego. Now a year later I am so glad we moved. I do miss the people in San Diego that makes it home. My love for where we live now is so strong. I love that two weeks ago my kids were playing in the snow, last week it was in the high 70's and this week it has been in the 50's with pending snow for the weekend. I love that today we got to play in the leaves in the backyard that had fallen from the trees. I love that everything is so close to where we live, yet we are still so close to the mountains.
I thought I would never find another church that "fit" me like Maranatha Chapel but I have found a place in my heart for Foothills Bible Church. I have grown accustom to the worship style and the way Pastor Bill teaches and found myself enjoying it all. I always thought there was nothing other then Maranatha Chapel, but it seems that there is!
Basically I am thankful for everything that the Lord has done in my life in the last three years! I am blessed and very content!