Saturday, April 24, 2010

A Little Scare

Our little man Zeke gave us a scare last night.  Zeke woke up yesterday morning at 4:30 saying that his tummy was hurting him so I told him to come and snuggle with me in my bed.  Had I known what would wake me up I probably would have had him go sleep in the bathroom.  Our morning was filled with a few showers, lots of laundry and a few bathroom scrub downs.  The afternoon was pretty much uneventful but come 4pm the fun began again!  Not only was a shower in order, but laundry and carpet cleaning.  The rest of the evening was much of the same.  By 10 pm the throwing up was happening every thirty minutes and both Michael and I decided that our night was going to be rough... little did we know it would involve the emergency room.  After a shower and laundry loads put in Zeke and I were snuggling on the couch watching a movie with Michael, when Zeke got up and was acting very restless.  I asked him to go into the bathroom and he ran to the upstairs living room and was acting really strange.  I come up to him and he laid down on the floor and started throwing up, requiring him and I to strip our shirts.  Upon taking off his shirt I realized that his whole trunk was full of rashes... between his shower a half an hour earlier and then his tummy was covered.  I called the after hours line and they suggested taking him to the ER.  Michael got Zeke showered once again and then loaded him in the car with a bag.  Michael and I were unsure if taking him to the closest ER or Children's ER was the best (difference between a five minute drive and a forty-five minute drive).  Michael took Zeke to the closest hospital and was taken care of immediately.  Zeke was given some fluids and some antibiotics.  Zeke has the flu and his body was under such stress from throwing up that he developed a body rash.  A quick two hour ER visit was all that was needed.  Zeke came home and told me that he got to have a Popsicle, I guess that was all that he took away from his little hospital visit!  Needless to say he fell asleep pretty fast and slept through the night with no problems.  This morning we all woke up to realize that Zeke is going to have to put his modeling career on hold for a while... he is covered in rashes.  Today will be a day of more laying around the house, he has already had an Aveeno bath and I am sure will have another before the day is over.  Michael is going to run out this morning and fill his prescription for the vomiting and get some benadryl.  
Thank you for your prayers!