Saturday, December 19, 2009

Run Away

Today I got to run away from home for an hour.  This past week was a long and hard one... two sick boys and Ki I think is allergic to sleeping at night!  Yesterday I asked Michael if I could run away from home for an hour and he being very gracious agreed.  This morning I was able to take a shower all by myself and used up all the hot water, all be it in a twenty minute shower but it was nice to not have anyone (Zeke or Ki) in the shower with me.  I was able to get out of the shower and get dressed without having to referee the boys.  I was able to blow dry my hair and brush my teeth in peace!  Ahh the simple things.  Then I got to run away from home.  I had to take back the string cheese we got from Costco last night because I wasn't paying attention when I put it in the cart and I got the variety pack, so I took that back and then went to the library.  I was kind of bummed because the book and movie that I was really wanting to get were both checked out, so I got different ones.  I will say the book seems to be a decent one, I am only one chapter in but am enjoying the new author....  Michelle Wildgen.  I stepped out of my comfort zone of Karen Kingsbury, Lori Wick and Nicholas Sparks and got an author I have never even heard of before.  I know this seems like an insignificant thing however for me it is pretty big!  I am all about my comfort zone and my tried, true and tested things (like when we go to a resturant and I don't even open the menu because I order the same thing every time... I "opened the menu" at the library and am actually enjoying my new choice!)  So now I am off to read, or watch my movie - I haven't decided yet which I am going to do.