Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Book Recommendations

Can someone please recommend a good book for me to read?  I was all excited about the book that I got from the library a few weekends back and I read the first chapter and was pleased... then the book took a turn and the main character was having an affair with a married man and it went into detail about their sexual experiences and I was done!  I don't need to read about people having affairs with married people and I really don't need to read their in detail escapades.  There is enough of that in real life that I don't want to spend my down time before I fall asleep reading about it.
So with that said I am looking for a good book to read.  I really like Karen Kingsbury and Lori Wick... as of right now I have read just about all of their books.  I also like Nicholas Sparks and have read all of his except for the newest. 
I am looking for a light read, something that is not a downer, something that is a quick read - as the only time I really have to read is before I fall asleep in the evening. 
Please if you have any suggestions let me know!  I have sarcastically been saying for the last nine months that about the only thing that I can get through is a magazine article and even that is iffy.  I am wanting to expand my reading collection so please help me!