Saturday, January 2, 2010

Dedication

Why is that the two things that I know my life needs take just a little too much dedication than I have?  Tonight as I was sitting in church I was convicted that I have not taken the needed time in the word that I need.  Pastor Bill said something along the lines of, unless you are in His word then you cannot be proclaiming His name... not those words exactly, but that was what I took away.  Ouch!  Is all I have say!  Reading the Bible is one of those things that I know my daily life needs as well as exercise.  I know that everyone says that come January first.  I have been trying to muster up the energy to get out and get some exercise, eating right is not going to get all this weight off alone. 
I know that my life needs these two things.  I know that these two things will make a huge impact on my daily life.  With all that said, sleep and life seem to get in the way of even the best intentions.  Why is that?  I know that I have two small children but that can't be a good excuse for that long.  Another thing Pastor Bill said tonight in church that hit me is, "It is far harder to maintain a daily walk than it is to start one."  That of course is referring to a daily Christian walk.