Monday, January 18, 2010

Degrees of my stories

Today Michael called me to check in and see how our day was going, as he often does.  It never fails that I have a story to share with him.  Today I said, "Honey I have a story for you."  He replies with, "About who?"  I think in the back of his mind he already knew about who... I simply say "about Ezekiel."  Michael in return says, "So it isn't an Ezekiel Michael story?"  I chuckle and then realize how true is that...
The degrees of stories go:
A Zeke story - funny, makes you smile
An Ezekiel story - funny but makes you kind of tilt your head and say, "What are you thinking child?"
An Ezekiel Michael story - funny for others to hear, but not funny for mom to experience... okay maybe funny after the fact but definitely not in the midst of the story unfolding!
So today I had an Ezekiel story to share with Michael and now you too!
The boys and I were playing down in the basement when I had to run upstairs to go to the bathroom.  I informed the boys that I would be right back and not to worry.  As usually when I run upstairs, even if it is to go to the bathroom I have an entourage!  So I go upstairs go to the bathroom and then get a drink of water.  I am walking down the basement stairs and I see that the freezer downstairs is open.  My first thought is, What in the heck is Zeke doing!  I get downstairs and see that Michael's son (hehehehe) has gotten out a package of edamame, has opened it and tried munching through two frozen pods.  The evidence is obvious... green pods all stingy and soggy laying on the table and Michael's son (hehehehe) is hiding in the tent.  I ask him what he is doing and he simply looks at me and says, "Mooooom me hungry!"  So I tell him that if he is hungry that he needs to ask me and I am more then willing to get him a snack.  So we go upstairs and I warm up the package and then he proceeds to polish off the entire package by himself.