Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pen Pals

How does one go about getting pen pals in this day and age?  One of my favorite memories when I was in junior high was writing back and forth with my pen pals.  I realize that with the technology and how easily accessible the internet is I suppose pen pals would no longer be called "pen" pals.  The whole reason for me asking is, Michael has it in his mind that we are moving to New Zealand.  He is feeling this overwhelming frustration with the way our country is headed and does not want his boys growing up here.  He and I have talked, I agree with his points and have said that I will follow.  That being said, I would love to make contact with a mom in New Zealand that has kids around the same ages as mine.  I guess as a way of making connections, whether we move or not.  So if anyone has any ideas of how I might go about making a friend in New Zealand I would appreciate it.  The one thought that I had was to contact MOPS in New Zealand on the north island and see if maybe someone there might be interested in a email friend.  I think that is the best option that I have come up with.