Sunday, July 10, 2011

Bananas

I don't know about your house, but here in our house I like my bananas a little on the green side.  My boys will eat them once they are "too ripe" in my opinion - all yellow.  No one will touch them once they get more than a few spots of brown on them.  So then once they get spotty Zeke starts asking about banana bread.  Well yesterday I after hitting the gym, taking a shower, and checking email I headed down stairs to the kitchen and made a few loafs of banana bread.  Well to be exact I made a dozen muffins, two small loafs and one large loaf.  If you are looking for a great banana bread recipe try this one... Banana Bread.  I usually use three bananas and I blend them with the hand blender.  Depending on whether I have sour cream or not I will use yogurt sometimes.  Yesterday I used sour cream since I had it and added chocolate chips to the large loaf.  Being at altitude this recipe works well as is and I made it at sea level and it works well too!  Here is to spotty bananas!