Sunday, January 30, 2011

Zach update...

I know that I have been horrible about putting up updates. Between the running between house and hospital leaves very little time. Thankfully I am married to a wonderful man, who has been taking the night shift with Zach. I think I have slept in a hospital enough to last me a life time. On to Zach, he is doing awesome! He is a fighter, not that we would expect anything less. Zach is taking a bottle for every other feeding and is now up to 35ml per feeding. Like a typical boy, eating is more important than breathing... For a short while Zach was without any oxygen support, once he started scarfing his bottle feedings he needed a little oxygen support. Zach is as of tonight without an IV. The IV was supplying supplemental fat, now that his feedings are up the IV is not needed. Keeping our little guy here is now a matter of getting feedings up and maintaining as well as his ability to maintain a normal tempurature without the need of the incubator heater. Michael is thinking that sassy will be home by next weekend, I guess we will see!