Monday, November 21, 2011

Bottomless Pit

I have jokingly said that Riah is a bottomless pit because that kid can eat!  His food budget a week is $35.  He will chow down on three cans of food at a sitting.  Feeling like I was being a little lazy on the food front for him a week ago I decided that I would make him some food myself and see how it went.  I spent a Sunday afternoon making some sweet potatoes and some apple pear sauce.  I packaged everything up in nice little containers and put some in the fridge and some in the freezer. 
See... so the first thing he tried were the sweet potatoes and I kid you not he grabbed it out of his mouth and threw it on the tray.  Seriously kid!  All I put in them was some butter, nothing else.  I figured it was just an off day.  The next day I tried giving them to him again, and he made the most awful face.  Needless to say it took him a while and he finally after the second day took them without a problem. 
Needless to say I think that until this kid can figure out that I won't poison him I think our food budget for him will be a little high.  It takes too much work to make food that he won't eat.  Thankfully Zeke loved the apple pear sauce and Ki liked the sweet potatoes so everything is almost gone and Riah is sticking with good ole Gerber.