Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Is that washable?

This afternoon after naps I set up a box of crayons and colored pencils and a large piece of butcher paper.  I had the great idea that Zeke could quietly color while I get dinner made.  I stepped into the living room for not more then five minutes and I hear Zeke get down from the table and walk into the living room.  He had a big grin on his face and he said, "Look me art!"  He was indeed a piece of artwork... his cheeks, neck, and hands were colored with a few markers that he had found on the counter from something that I had done while he was sleeping.  I had a hard time hiding my laughter, he was so proud that he made art - on himself!  I hid my laughter and smile and gave a disappointing glare, Zeke's big grin turned upside down and he started to cry.  I had to scold him for making himself artwork and told him that crayons, pencils and pens are only to be put on paper.
Thought you might enjoy the Zeke artwork...