Thursday, March 11, 2010

Skiing

For the first time in years Michael is going skiing.  I am so excited for him, I had a hard time sleeping last night because I was so excited for him - How silly is that?  Yesterday afternoon a snow storm headed into Littleton which meant that Michael wasn't going to be able to work today.  In passing a few days ago I told him about a deal that a Mothers & More member had sent out about $15 lift tickets to Loveland.  Last night Michael got home from work and he was talking on the phone with his buddy Kyle and was saying that they would take the rest of the week off and hit it hard next week.  In my head I was thinking, "Yeah my hubby is going to be home which means that he is going to get the kitchen the rest of the way painted!"  Selfish, yeah maybe.  Little did I know that his buddy was saying, "Didn't your wife tell you about a $15 lift ticket?"  While Michael was showering I went up to say "Hi" and asked him very casually about what his plans were going to be for the next few days if he wasn't going to be working.  He immediately asked about the lift tickets... I chuckled and said, "Are you wanting me to find out more information?"  About a half an hour later we were at Christy's Sports and Michael was jumping around saying, "I am going skiing!"  His face was that of a child in the candy store... I just had to laugh, he was so excited.  I could tell that as he stood there talking with the sales person that he was going through his mind some of his favorite skiing moments - he was not at all present, yeah his body was there but his head was skiing down the slopes of his younger years.  After we left Christy's we went to the Sports Authority Outlet and Michael got snow pants, long underwear, a hat and goggles for $65... pretty good I thought!  All the time I could tell he was reminiscing the days back when he had hair blowing in the breeze as he flew down the mountain slopes!  (Like how I put the hair thing in there?  He kept saying that the last time he went skiing he had hair, so it only fits!)  After all our errands to get Michael set up for a day of trying to remember what it is like being on the mountains... Michael took us out to dinner.  We went to Red Robin and got their chophouse burgers (the ones on special that are $6) and they were really good.  The night ended early - the boys were in bed by 7:45 and Michael and I watched a few of our shows and then fell asleep ourselves.  The alarm sounded at 6am and Michael and Kyle headed for Loveland about an hour ago.  I sure hope that they have fun!