Friday, December 24, 2010

Productive morning...

Well as productive as I am allowed that is. I slept in until seven this morning, yes that is sleeping in... A tried waking up earlier but the motivation was just not there. I made my bed with new sheets, which is something that the nurses usually do but they got busy yesterday with babies and never made it to do. Then I took a nice hot shower and got dressed in some real clothes today. Yep, pretty sad that that is my idea of a productive day now. Amazing how things change in a matter of two weeks. Now I lay here in bed feeling slightly winded from my adventures of the morning and feeling like, when is this going to end!
Yesterday my mom got a little taste of my daily life with my two boys. Michael headed off to work in the morning and mom got the boys dressed and took them to one of our parks. After playing there they headed to Chick Fil A for some lunch and more play in the structure. Then a little visit here with me then home again home again jiggity jig for naps and then the night time routines. Mom called me a few times to share some hiillarious story which warmed my heart and made me laugh out loud. I am so glad that my mom was able to come out here even if it is for just a few days, I know the boys have enjoyed it!
Well today is Christmas Eve... It doesn't feel like it at all, I think the biggest reason is because of the obvious, I am here in a hospital bed. The weekend before I wound up here we went to grandma and grandpa's place and cut down what Zeke was calling the perfect tree, but that was as far as we got... Cutting it down. Well Michael did bring it is the house and he put it in the stand and put water in it... To which Zeke is confused that the tree is not growing. He keeps telling me that there is water in the tree but it is just not growing. Last night Michael had mentioned putting lights on the tree but I told him why, at this point just take it down, clean up the floor and be done with it. Not sure what will happen with it. Kind of sad that we cut a tree down and it simply stood in the living room window unadorned, oh well, life got in the way.
Yesterday I was blessed by a friend that come to visit me. She is one of those ladies that quietly sits to the side and you notice her, but the thing that you most notice about her is her sweet demeanor. Well, yesterday she and her daughter came to visit me for a little while and blessed me with a lotiony foot massage and just some conversation that was not surrounded around my four walls here. I was utterly blessed by her kind gesture and the fact that her teen daughter wanted to come and join as well. Blessings from those around me I don't think will ever cease to amaze me! They only seem to solidify the fact that our family is right where we are supposed to be, that is one of the best feelings ever!
Merry Christmas to you and your family and truly for the bottom of my heart, thank you, thank you for your prayers, love and support as our family walks this unfamiliar territory, not alone but with the love of all of you! Blessings!